The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes. Project Superintendent shall schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed. The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field and ensure work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. project managers, subcontractors, consultants, owners) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. The Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction. The Project Superintendent does not have authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations). All request for monetary agreements must be communicated to the Director of Operations for consideration prior to work performed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding CO’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor(s) is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent Duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Preside over weekly meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits (if applicable)
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Preside at pre-construction meetings, as needed
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)
- Proficient with a computer and specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home for long periods when required.
- Compliance with all DOT, OSHA, PHMSA regulations.
- Minimum 5+ years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of the pipeline industry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in uncomfortable situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.