Review, produce and document project construction accounting data and report project trends. Develop and execute construction control system(s) (JPS Rev & Exp.) Prepare project baseline plans and conduct updates of project progress.
Essentially, this position plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports in accordance with procedures for projects of varying contract Type, Size, and Complexity. This position will work directly within a team environment consisting of senior project management, Field management, Financial and other supporting staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees that the project controls tasks are executed and documented in accordance with the contract documents, approved manuals and procedures, and good cost management practices
- Monitor, tracks, analyzes, forecast and reports on project budgets, commitments, expenditures, estimates to complete, projected over/under, and change management via the selected Project Controls Management System (JPS Rev & Exp spreadsheet)
- Reviews invoices and pay applications in detail for accuracy and completeness
- Issues weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the progress of the overall Program and specific projects, including project costs, project status, project scope of work and schedule. Reports are tailored to specific audiences, both internal and external. Other reports may need to be provided if needed.
- Maintains and audits integrity of financial and project data kept in the Project Controls Management System
- Prepare spreadsheets and a wide variety of cost analysis, and cost related evaluations.
- Attend client program meetings and project status meetings as needed.
- Close out project financials and accounts upon project completion, in conjunction with the Accounting Department
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, and explore alternative financing methods.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects.
- Experience with T&M and Lump Sum contracts.
- Proficient with earned value concepts and forecasting.
- Experience in producing monthly accruals.
- Change order management & claim preparation.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and a desire to work with details
- Established ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Established ability to collaborate with variety of people in various roles with different leadership styles
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings with minimal supervision
- 5-years cost engineering experience with 3- to 5-years in direct support of active construction projects
- Proficient with MS office suite software – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Construction Management