The Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport Pipeline materials and other equipment to various job site locations. They will also work in the pipe storage yards area to stockpile pipe and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks/steerable pole trailers. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives Jones Companies provided truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
- The ability to prepare receipts for load picked up.
- Must maintain DOT truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Must maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- When not driving, must be willing to assist with other tasks.
- Must be able to back up in tight construction sites.
- Must inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Must have knowledge of properly securing cargo during transit.
- This position is accountable for continuous improvement in all areas of assigned responsibility relative to quality, cost, and timing results.
- Responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the transportation department with a particular emphasis on working with fellow personnel.
- Ensures excellent service levels, low transactional cost, superior quality levels and safety, security and housekeeping objectives are achieved.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) or more years of verifiable driving experience with like type vehicles, or at least two (2) years verifiable driving experience with a certification of completion of driving program from a certified CMV school.
- Must maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be 23 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Possess a current and valid CDL and proper endorsements for the type of CMV to be driven.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary