The HSE Coordinator reports to the HSE Director. The HSE Coordinator is in charge of implementing health and safety standards in the company. Typical duties of the HSE Coordinator include training workers on safety matters, identifying hazards at the workplace, inspecting equipment, enforcing safety policies, safeguarding inventory, and coordinating training programs.
The HSE Coordinator function is critical to the Company’s mission, to provide a safe and healthy work environment for its employees, customers, visitors, contractors, and public with whom it interacts. Critical to the position is ensuring compliance with all regulatory and customer safety requirements. Key to the functions of the HSE Coordinator is integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of delivery of the Company’s policies, procedures, and programs.
Successful applicants for this role showcase the following skills: occupational hazard expertise, attention to details, organizational abilities, observation spirit, and a meticulous approach to work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of and ability to use management concepts and principles including goal setting, planning and execution.
- Knowledge of Company core values and vision.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines and work requirements.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency, Company, client and subcontractor (where applicable) HSE requirements.
- Knowledge of job duties and responsibilities of the Company’s HSE support staff.
- Basic knowledge of construction techniques, equipment, and the ability to recommend safe work practices.
- Basic knowledge of DOT compliance.
- Ability to prepare and update HSE statistical tracking and trending data.
- Remain abreast of all relevant HSE laws, codes of practice and standards for the area.
- Gives assistance to the HSE Director with client’s HSE requirements and assists in compliance.
- Assists in the implementing and maintaining the certification and operator qualification of the workforce.
- Assistance with developing HSE Plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as local client
- Accountable for providing Project Manager and the HSE Director with feedback on HSE performance.
- Assists with the development and implementation of appropriate location emergency response systems.
- Provide relevant information for monthly HSE reports.
- Accountable for the supervision the administrator and record keeper on area specific HSE audits, inspections, reports, certifications, permits, etc.
- Attends pre-job, planning and other client meetings as required.
- Conducts HSE audits and inspections.
- Conducts HSE presentations and training to employees as required.
- Assists work site personnel and project management in development of work site HSE and Behavior Based Safety promotions and campaigns.
- Promote a positive Company image during the course and scope of the performance of these duties.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Leadership skills
- Unity- ability to foster a team spirit
- Driver of Sustainability
- Humility- servant leader
- Customer Focused
- High Energy/Drive/Self starter
- Self-Awareness/Emotional Intelligence
- A.S or B.S. in Occupational, Safety, and Health or other industry specific field
- 3 + year experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, FMCSA, PHMSA regulations and industry requirements
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability to travel 50%
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- OSHA Train the Trainer