The Construction Laborer position is responsible for performing various duties on Pipeline construction and/or transportation projects. The employee will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another where demands are required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs manual work as directed by the supervisor
- Assists other trades and crafts in their day-to-day operations.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks, trailers, vans, and railcars.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Performs daily operational and fluid checks before, during, and after operation of equipment.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Assists in the placement, moving, and dismantling of dunnage, roll plastic, signs, barricades, cones, other traffic control devices, etc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- One (1) or more years of general laborer in the construction field or relevant experience.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home for long periods when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA, PHMSA, and/or MSHA regulations.
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)