The Construction Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all heavy construction equipment. The Operator uses mechanical controls to operate the boom, arm, forks, blade or bucket to excavate, level, lift and work or above the ground.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs manual work as directed by the supervisor; lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Operates the equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Performs daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conducts pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Works with ground personnel in the pipe loading and offloading process; assists with loading and unloading trucks, trailers, vans, and railcars.
- Follows directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
- When operating on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Equipment.
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Follows direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Assists in the placement, moving, and dismantling of dunnage, roll plastic, signs, barricades, cones, other traffic control devices, etc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience operating Equipment is required.
- Minimum 2 or more years’ experience as a Vacuum lift operator required; must have experience with Vacuworx vacuum lifting systems
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home for long periods of time when required; nights and weekend shifts when required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA, PHMSA, and/or MSHA regulations
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)