The mission of the Jones finance team is to become “Trusted Business Partners” within each business unit. This is accomplished by informing, supporting and challenging our colleagues. The Dedicated Accounting Clerk function is critical to this mission and to the financial and administrative operations of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors; research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort incoming invoices and mail; process carrier packets; input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records; match payments to invoices
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, order supplies, email/fax documents.
- Contact customers with outstanding invoices; Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
- Scan incoming bill of ladings, proof of deliveries and accounts payable invoices.
- Work with adding machines, databases, spreadsheets, scanners, and copiers; send in driver logs to safety.
- High School Graduate
- Two years related experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Working knowledge of Google Chrome
Jones Capital (Jones) are entrepreneurs and private equity investors who work with a diverse group of middle-market companies in the transportation and logistics, industrial, and business services markets. Jones is headquartered in Hattiesburg, MS, with offices in Houston, TX and portfolio companies nationwide.