The Billing Clerk compiles data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods, posting data, and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator and adding machine.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs tasks assigned by Controller and Assistant Controller.
- Verifies accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operates typing, adding, calculating, and billing machines.
- Prepares itemized statements, bills, or invoices; record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Reviews documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or proof of delivery documents in order to compute fees and charges due.
- Performs bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records concerning costs of goods and services and the shipment of goods.
- Keeps records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolves discrepancies in accounting records.
- Creates billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, and credit forms.
- Contacts customers in order to obtain or relay account information.
- Computes credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, and rates for goods and services in order to complete billing documents.
- Answers mail and telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, and procedures.
- Tracks accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job in order to calculate billable amounts.
- Consults sources such as rate books, manuals, and operations personnel to determine specific charges and information such as rules, regulations, and billing rates.
- Updates manuals when rates, rules, or regulations are amended.
- Processes check request ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree with emphasis in Business Management preferred.
- Two to Three (2-3) years of clerical or accounting related experience.
- Trucking knowledge preferred.
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Self-motivated capable of exceeding in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, AS400, and MAS90.
Jones Capital (Jones) are entrepreneurs and private equity investors who work with a diverse group of middle-market companies in the transportation and logistics, industrial, and business services markets. Jones is headquartered in Hattiesburg, MS, with offices in Houston, TX and portfolio companies nationwide.