The mission of the Jones finance team is to become “Trusted Business Partners” within each business unit. This is accomplished by informing, supporting and challenging our colleagues. The Accounts Payable Clerk’s function is critical to this mission and to the financial and administrative operations of the business. Critical to the position is ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of billing and carrier settlements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile simple general ledger accounts.
- Assist with processing billing and carrier settlements.
- Process payroll for CHIP & Dedicated division drivers.
- Reconciles intercompany accounts; bills intercompany balances
- Data entry related to accounts payable; pull AP files when needed by Accountants.
- Contact customers in order to obtain or relay account information.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of related bookkeeping experience
- Proven ability to process invoices and settlements
- Enthusiasm for being part of a team and working in a team oriented environment
- Self-motivated and forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Jones Capital (Jones) are entrepreneurs and private equity investors who work with a diverse group of middle-market companies in the transportation and logistics, industrial, and business services markets. Jones is headquartered in Hattiesburg, MS, with offices in Houston, TX and portfolio companies nationwide.