The mission of the Jones finance team is to become “Trusted Business Partners” within each business unit. This is accomplished by informing, supporting and challenging our colleagues. The Accounting Clerk function is critical to this mission and to the financial and administrative operations of the business. Critical to the position is ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of billing and carrier settlements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices
- Record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or proof of delivery documents in order to compute fees and charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records; type billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, and credit forms.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, and rates for goods and services in order to complete billing documents.
- Track accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job in order to calculate.
- Complete special projects and reports for pipeline division
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of related bookkeeping experience
- Proven ability to process invoices and settlements
- Enthusiasm for being part of a team and working in a team oriented environment
- Self-motivated and forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Jones Capital (Jones) are entrepreneurs and private equity investors who work with a diverse group of middle-market companies in the transportation and logistics, industrial, and business services markets. Jones is headquartered in Hattiesburg, MS, with offices in Houston, TX and portfolio companies nationwide.