The mission of the Jones Pipeline Services finance team is to be trusted business partners to company operations and company management. This is accomplished by informing, supporting, collaborating and problem solving with our colleagues. Critical to the mission is ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the financial records and timely reporting and analysis of the financial position of the company.
The accounting clerk is critical to this mission and to the financial and administrative operations of the company. Essential to the position is ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness while demonstrating ownership of customer billing and accounts payables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles all aspects of customer billing timely and accurately
- Reviews their own data entry for accuracy, revises any errors before delivery to customer
- Review all necessary documentation (PO’s, BOLs, shipping tickets, delivery tickets, time cards, work orders, etc.) for accuracy and ensures supporting documentation matches bills, invoices and statements
- Follows up and resolves any and all documentation issues such as-missing documentation, incomplete documentation, and requested documentation.
- Keeps records of invoices and support documents; resolve discrepancies in accounting records
- Responds to customers’ requests, concerns and general questions promptly. Is polite and professional in all customer correspondence
- Responsible for company’s collection efforts, when necessary; Corresponds with customers regarding payment status and continually works with customers until outstanding invoices are paid
- Prepares AR aging reports weekly and presents reports to management and operations in weekly AR meeting
- Handles all aspects of accounts payables accurate and timely; payables entry, check runs, maintaining appropriate and complete documentation
- Responsible for resolving discrepancies and following up on missing or incorrect information with vendors
- Responsible for intercompany accounts payables and monthly reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)
- Enthusiasm for being part of a team and working in a team oriented environment
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking, detail-oriented, and self-aware
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and persistence
- Associates Degree, at a minimum, with 4+ years of progressive accounts receivables and accounts payables experience is required
- Fundamental understanding of basic bookkeeping concepts-accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Diverse experience with accounting software is a plus